The Black Faculty Collective is a group of faculty of African descent working at the University of Waterloo. The BFC seeks to disrupt the white supremacist status quo that currently interferes with equitable learning, working, research, and teaching at the University of Waterloo.
The Black Faculty Collective was formed in the summer of 2020 with the goal of working both within and outside the institution to end anti-Black racisms at the University of Waterloo.
We envision an equitable learning, working, research, and teaching environment at the University of Waterloo, and are committed to helping our institution end anti-Black racisms by innovating interracial relations, transforming campus culture, and holding the institution accountable in its priorities for equity, diversity and inclusion.
- We are Black-centric and unapologetically Black
- We are inclusive of all forms of Blackness
- We are courageous, fearless, and unequivocal in our approach
- We will stand up for and stand in solidarity with our students
- We are accountable to ourselves, our students, our colleagues and our community
- We support the academic and professional development of Black faculty, staff and students
- We are a resource to our academic communities, and our communities at large
- We are a force for change